As if your nerves aren't rattled enough during a job interview, imagine being asked one of these questions! If you find yourself being asked a weird interview question my advice is to stay calm and say what first comes to your mind (if it isn't already blown away)! This article is by Suzanne Lucas and can be orignally found at cbs.com. I would love to hear if any of you have been asked a weird question during a job interview, so post away :)
2. "How many cows are in Canada?" - Asked at Google, local data quality evaluator candidate.
3. "How many quarters would you need to reach the height of the Empire State building?" - Asked at JetBlue, pricing/revenue management analyst candidate.
4. "A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?" - Asked at Clark Construction Group, office engineer candidate.
5. "What songs best describes your work ethic?" - Asked at Dell, consumer sales candidate.
8. "How would you rate your memory?" - Asked at Marriott, front desk associate candidate.
12. "How would people communicate in a perfect world?" - Asked at Novell, software engineer candidate.
13. "How do you make a tuna sandwich?" - Asked at Astron Consulting, office manager candidate.
14. "My wife and I are going on vacation -- where would you recommend?" - Asked at PricewaterhouseCoopers, advisory associate candidate.
15. "You are a head chef at a restaurant and your team has been selected to be on [the TV show] 'Iron Chef'. How do you prepare your team for the competition, and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?" - Asked at Accenture, business analyst candidate.
16. "Estimate how many windows are in New York." - Asked at Bain & Co., associate consultant candidate.
17. "What's your favorite song? Perform it for us now." - Asked at LivingSocial, Adventures City manager candidate.
18. "Calculate the angle of two clock pointers when the time is 11:50." - Asked at Bank of America, software developer candidate.
19. "Have you ever stolen a pen from work?" - Asked at Jiffy Software, software architect candidate.
20. "Pick two celebrities to be your parents." - Asked at Urban Outfitters, sales associate candidate.
21. "What kitchen utensil would you be?" - Asked at Bandwidth.com, marketer candidate.
22. "If you had turned you cell phone to silent and it rang really loudly despite it being on silent, what would you tell me?" - Asked at Kimberly-Clark, biomedical engineer candidate.
23. "On a scale from 1 to 10, rate me as an interviewer." - Asked at Kraft Foods, general laborer candidate.
24. "If you could be anyone else, who would it be?" - Asked at Salesforce.com, sales representative candidate.
25. "How would you direct someone else on how to cook an omelet?" - Asked at PETCO, analyst candidate.