Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wine Wednesday: Cheat Sheets

Today is Wine Wednesday!  Hooray!!  I love wine and can talk about it (and drink about it) for hours.  So on this fine Wine Wednesday I will be supplying you with wine and food pairings cheat sheets, the proper glasses for serving different types of wine, and a little wine-o humor.  Stay tuned, because every Wednesday I will be updating you with posts dedicated to wine and the love I have for it. 

Proper Stemware for Serving Various Wines 

 

Wine & Food Pairings Cheat Sheets

White Wine & Food Pairings Cheat Sheet
Food Chenin Blanc Gewurztraminer Dry Riesling Sauv.Blanc Chardonnay  Wh. Riesling
Mild Cheese * * * * *
Strong Cheese * * * *
Appetizers * * * * *
Oysters * *
Shrimp, Crab, Lobster * * *
Shellfish * *
Seafood w/ lite sauce * *
Seafood w/ cream sauce *
Grilled Fish * * *
Pasta w/ cream sauce *
Pasta w/ red sauce
Asian Food * * *
Poultry * * * * *
Pork * * *
Beef
Chocolate *
chitchatkittycat.blogspot.com  








Red Wine and Food Pairings Cheat Sheet
Food Beaujolais Pinot Noir Merlot Cabernet Zinfandel Port
Mild Cheese
Strong Cheese * * * * * *
Appetizers *
Seafood
Pasta, cream sauce
Pasta, red sauce * * * * *
Asian food
Poultry *
Pork * *
Beef * * * *
Fruit/Dessert chitchatkittycat.blogspot.com
 

And For the Love of Wine

 

My Wine Accessory Suggestions 

1. Forget about broken corks and bottles! I have this electric wine opener and it has changed my life! This is one kitchen appliance I didn't mind buying ;)
 

2. Spice up your boring wine glasses and have some fun! 

3. You give your beer a coozie, so give your wine a woozie!  These woozies help keep your wine colder longer.  I keep a stash of these handy for outdoor patio parties and another stash in my beach bag.

1 comment:

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. https://wevino.store/

    ReplyDelete