Alright ladies, today I am introducing you to an extremely cheap product that can be used in a variety of ways that will SAVE you MONEY! This product is baking soda! I have listed below just a handful of my favorite ways to use this inexpensive pantry product.
1. WHITER TEETH: Get your toothbrush damp, sprinkle baking soda on the bristles, and then apply your regular tooth paste as you normally would. Not only does this make your mouth feel AMAZINGLY fresh, it also whitens your teeth naturally and at a fraction of what it costs to buy expensive gels and whitening strips.
2. REMOVE BLACKHEADS: In a small bowl make a paste with a spoonful of baking soda and a few drops of water. Wash your face with a cleanser and warm water, apply the paste only to areas of your face with blackheads, and then let the paste sit for 10 minutes. It is very important to only do this 1-2 times per week. If you apply this paste too often it will dry out your skin (speaking from experience).
3. WHITE NAILS: If your nails are looking yellow from too much nail polish then take a tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide. Apply this mixture to your nails and gently scrub and then rinse with warm water. Whiter nails in less than 2 minutes, perfect!
4. RELIEVE CANKER SORE PAIN: Mix 1/2 a teaspoon in half a glass of water and use it as a mouthwash to relieve pain caused by canker sores.
5. SOOTHE SUNBURN: Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it to your sunburn to bring immediate relief.
6. BUG BITES: Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it directly to bug bites, rashes, and poison ivy to take away the sting and pain.
7. REMOVE ODORS: Sprinkle baking soda on your carpet, let it sit for 30 minutes, and then vacuum it up. This leaves your carpet and room smelling fresh and clean.
8. CLEAN MESSY DISHES: Combine baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to make a thick paste and then scrub your sticky dishes, pots, and pans. Whether the dish was badly burned or is coated in greasy, sticky food this paste will eat it away faster than expensive dish soaps.
9. FRESH COFFEE POT: After awhile your coffee pot can get a stale odor so run baking soda through your coffee makers cycle to get it fresh and clean as new.
10. CLEAN PRODUCE: Sprinkle baking soda in cool water and then let your fruits and veggies soak. This is a great way to clean your food without using chemicals.