Being in your 20s means you are ALWAYS on-the-run! If you haven't become best friends with your slow cooker (A.K.A. crockpot) you need to be because it will allow you to eat a real meal without having to stand over a stove all day. This soup literally tastes like you are at a restaurant or fancy brewery, it is DELICIOUS! So feed it to your man, serve it at a get-together, or keep this savory soup to yourself because it is AWESOME!
3 cans (14.5 oz. each) of chicken broth (I used reduced sodium to help keep this dish on the healthier side)
1/2 cup of chopped sweet red pepper
2 ribs of celery
1 small onion chopped
2 Tbsp. of butter (Again to keep it healthier, I used 'I Can't Believe it's Not Butter with Olive Oil')
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of pepper
1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of cold water
1 package (8 oz.) of cream cheese cubed and softened
2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (12 oz.) of beer
1. In the slow cooker, combine the chicken broth, red pepper, celery, onion, butter, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
2. Then combine the flour and water until smooth; pour into the soup and cook on high for 30 min or until soup is thick.
3. Stir in cream cheese and cheddar cheese until well-blended.
4. Stir in beer and then cover and cook on low until fully heated through.
5. When ready to serve top the soup with croutons, chopped green onions, bacon, or popcorn. Or if you are feeling really fancy you can make bread bowls and serve the soup in the hollowed out bread bowl!