Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Asian Chicken Salad

Craving fattening Chinese food but know you should eat a salad?  Try this Asian chicken salad, it's phenomenal!  This salad can cure your craving without feeling bloated and guilty afterwards. 

Dressing Ingredients:
2 tsps. of ginger
2 tsps. of sweet chili sauce
2 Tbsps. of brown sugar
2 Tbsps. of rice vinegar
2 Tbsps. of soy sauce (I prefer reduced sodium)
1 Tbsp. of sesame seed oil
2 Tbsps. of olive oil
Gently whisk ingredients together until smooth. This dressing has 2-3 servings.
 
Salad Ingredients:
1 cup of chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup of mixed veggies (broccoli, snap peas, carrots)
1 serving of chicken (I used Tyson Grilled & Ready chicken breast strips and they were AMAZING! I highly suggest using this pre-cooked chicken!)
1 Tbsp. of olive oil
1 tsp. of ground fresh pepper
I sauteed the mixed veggies and pre-cooked chicken in olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes and sprinkled it with the pepper (I love warm veggies and chicken on my salad! Yummy!).  Then top the lettuce with the veggie and chicken mixture and drizzle on the dressing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment